WHAT ARE THE GOALS?
In celebration of the ILO’s Centenary and in collaboration with the Government of Nigeria, this Forum aims to:
- Amplify young voices and invite perspectives of ILO constituents and other key stakeholders
- Reflect on opportunities and challenges for young people transitioning to decent work
- Facilitate intra- and inter- generational dialogue on gender equality, rights, and voice and representation
- Solicit concrete commitments for action, impact, and partnerships across the globe
Forum participants will contribute to our global efforts in advancing the ILO Call for Action on Youth Employment
The Forum welcomes young people from different backgrounds, cultures, and countries and invites the participation of governments, workers’ and employers’ organizations, the United Nations system, and other key stakeholders.
Fifty young people will be selected through nominations from ILO regional and country offices, as well as from members of the United Nations Inter-Agency Network on Youth Development.
Check back soon for more information on the nomination process!
Sheraton Hotel Abuja
ladi Kwali St, Wuse 021189, Abuja, Nigeria
Abuja, 1-3 August 2019
TODAY AND TOMORROW WITH DECENT JOBS FOR YOUTH
Join three days of lively discussions and thought-provoking activities with young people, governments, and social partners leading to concrete outcomes to advance social justice.
WHAT ARE THE BIG DISCUSSION TOPICS?
- The youth employment potential of emerging industries and sectors
- Youth employment solutions for different youth groups
- Our collective roadmap to 2030
Download the provisional agenda here
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Exchange ideas with a diverse group of people committed to decent jobs for youth
Listen to and participate in TED-like talks and interactive sessions co-designed by young people
Engage in youth-moderated virtual chats
If you are interested in sponsoring the participation of a young person, or a specific Forum activity, please let us know.